Below is a list of community assistance programs and any other resources that may be beneficial.
2-1-1 Summit County Resources
Akron Bible Church Thanksgiving Dinner
- Enjoy a hot homemade meal made by Kathy's Kitchen. Everyone is welcome.
- Thanksgiving meal at the Denton Center, 490 E South Street in Akron
- November 25th 11am-3pm
Akron Children's Hospital Vaccination Clinic ages 5+
- At Kay Jewelers Pavilion, park in P2 deck at 156W. Exchange in Akron
- Appointments are required for clinics. Use an existing account or create a new one on My-Chart.
Akron Street Card
Carpentry and Building Trades Training
Community Action: Winter Energy Crisis Program
Connect Summit County
- A program that provides internet access to Summit County residents to improve their quality of life.
COVID Mobile Unit
Diaper Distribution Schedule
Emergency Broadband Benefit
Find a 2022 Medicare Plan
- Compare plans, enroll or make changes by December 7th. Coverage starts January 1, 2022.
- Check if your doctors are in-network.
- See if your prescriptions are covered.
- Weigh each plan's deductible and out-of-pocket costs.
- Some plans offer extra benefits, like vision, hearing, or dental.
- To enroll or examine Medicare plans, including Part D (prescriptions) and the Advantage Plan, click here.
Good Samaritan Hunger Alliance
Good Samaritan Turkey Distribution- November 22nd.
- Annual turkey distribution for Thanksgiving
- Time: Monday November 22nd from 1:30-6:30pm at Joy Park Community Center, 825 James Ingram Way
- First come, first served. Limit 2 families per vehicle.
- Lyft will be available. Call 330-807-4740 or email email@example.com to arrange a ride by Friday 11/19/21.
Moms Mentoring Moms Parenting Classes
Multiple Sclerosis Virtual Support Group
- Please reach out to Sandy Chapman (firstname.lastname@example.org) or 702-778-7000 to receive customized instructions on how to join the ONLINE session.
Nepali Trauma Meeting
Patterson Park- Community Food Program
The Salvation Army has started their Community Food Program back up at Patterson Park Community Center. They will be passing out Thursday from 11:00am-!2:00pm noon. The program is free for everyone. If you are in need of a nice meal, we encourage you to stop on by.
Unfortunately, we are not able to provide sit down service at this time; meals are currently to go only.
We are very excited to see this program start back up at the park!
PC's For People
Summer Camp Reimbursement
Toy Drive and Distribution
- Toy distribution will be December 18th at the Riverfront Pavilion in Cuyahoga Falls.
United Way 2-1-1 Resources Guide
University of Akron Adult Focus
University of Akron: School of Law
Utilities Help: Winter 2022